My Route


For more detailed maps, scroll down through the blog. Click on any one to enlarge it; use the backspace button to return to the blog. That goes for the photos, too.

Monday

PROLOGUE #3: Training

I got into a routine of one-day cycle training most weekends starting from February 07, once winter had retreated sufficiently. A regular circuit took me out of Brighton, over Devil’s Dyke, out into the Sussex countryside before looping back over Ditchling Beacon and Woodingdean before taking the undercliff path back home. As the weeks went by the small village, picturesque woodland and narrow, windey B road of Sussex (both East and West) started to reveal their hidden charms. I introduced to my routine a few longer trips to build up a bit of stamina, as well as to get used to carrying panniers. I set up my weblog and liaised with Architects for Aid (now Article25) to help raise some money for their charity.

I started my weblog by writing notes on some of those training trips, and here they are over the following 4 blogs, the first being a one-off before Christmas. Marking the start of training for my TransAmerica trip, it felt appropriate to be doing it with Edward and Ewa.