My Route


For more detailed maps, scroll down through the blog. Click on any one to enlarge it; use the backspace button to return to the blog. That goes for the photos, too.

Saturday

Day 68: Friday, 7th September. Destination: Bucky's Cafe & Motel, Cambridge, Idaho

Puncture 7.5 miles out of New Meadows... valve tear again, hopefully for the last time now I have a nice new pump. Narrow road, no shoulders and many trucks made a short day feel kind of long and tiring.

I stopped for lunch at Council, on the Weiser River, where firemen were dining and talking about a fire that'd been raging all morning. On to Cambridge which despite its academic name turned out to be another nowhere town built at a crossroads. The motel accommodation at Bucky's was tucked behind the café, and was either ramshackle or homey, depending on your state of mind. I think I went with homey, but then I'm a sucker for pine interiors and old sofas.