My Route


For more detailed maps, scroll down through the blog. Click on any one to enlarge it; use the backspace button to return to the blog. That goes for the photos, too.

Saturday

Wednesday, 19th September. Destination: Alsea Manor Motel, Waldport, Oregon

Stunning, stunning views of the Pacific as I head North out of Florence. I'm wandering up the coast at a leisurely pace, taking in the views from the fabulously scenic pacific highway. Sort of heading straight into the wind: Every so often cyclists will whizz past going in the opposite direction. I think it’s about time I called it a day and took the bus up to Tillamook, or Cannon Beach, which I hear is beautiful. I also think it's time for a few thank you’s:

Firstly, thanks to the partners at Felce & Guy Architects where I work, who gave me the time off to do this trip (and have also just given a very generous donation to my charity); Thanks to Susan Greenwood, who's 2006 in the Guardian Newspaper (online edition) of her solo TransAmerica cycle journey was a big inspiration; Thanks to Edward & Ewa for companionship on the first leg; And finally, thank you to all the amazingly generous and friendly people I've met travelling from Maine to Oregon. It would have been so much less an experience without the kindness you showed me.