My Route


For more detailed maps, scroll down through the blog. Click on any one to enlarge it; use the backspace button to return to the blog. That goes for the photos, too.

Saturday

Day 39: Thursday, 9th August. Destination: Park Motel, Parkers Prairie, Minnesota

NW headwind pretty much all day, which was tiring, but still arrived mid afternoon. Must be getting tough, or perhaps it’s just those early starts. Cute, old fashioned motel in Parker’s Prairie – the mom’n’pop kind of place I’ve grown to like. Across the road a green and shaded municipal park. I wandered around town in the late afternoon sun, and took some photos of some derelict freight carriages by the rail crossing , a shining grain silo and a typical beer saloon. The light just wanted me to keep taking pictures. I ate dinner and breakfast the next morning at the family diner across the road.